Module 2 Protective Measures
Welcome to Module 2: Protective Measures
- It is crucial to know the basic principles and practices to stay safe during your work.
- During Module 1, you learned how to identify occupational health hazards. Now, in Module 2, we will talk about adequate measures to control hazards you might encounter during your work.
- You have to remember that adequate staff training on risks and hazards can minimize:
- exposure to biological, chemical, and physical agents
- musculoskeletal or other problems of your health you may suffer due to work
Upon completion of this Module, you should be able to:
- Be familiar with methods that help minimize occupational risks and be aware what are recommended risk control methods
- Use properly the personal protective equipment
- Empower yourself with adequate personal hygiene principles and practices
- Comprehend the importance of the protective measures as seen in case studies