Module 4 First Aid
- The content of the MUC – Training for Health, such as text, graphics, images, and other material are for informational purposes only. The content is NOT intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek your doctor’s advice for any health-related concerns you may have.
- More specifically, information regarding First Aid included in this Module is provided for general information only, and should NOT be treated as a substitute for the medical advice of your doctor or as a substitute of formal first-aid training. If you wish to formally train on how to provide First Aid, please refer to the relevant authorized bodies in your country.
- Since occupational accidents among MUCs are frequent, being able to provide basic care to yourself or someone else can prevent a situation from becoming worse.
- In this Module we will also see what first aid means, and what are the respective principles and practices that we should be aware of.
- We explore how to react step by step in different emergency situations.
Upon completion of this Module, you should be able to:
- Identify basic first aid practices
- Know the basic rules and priorities for first aid provision
- Know what cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) is
- Be informed regarding how to act if a colleague of yours faints, bleeds, or breaks a bone